Bavarian Apple Tart Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla, flour and cinnamon. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla just until combined. Spread over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, toss the apples, sugar and cinnamon; arrange over filling. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 213 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Bavarian Apple Tart
"I used fat free cream cheese to cut down on the calories and fat even more... was delicious."
"Delicious. Make again."
"This is a great recipe. I substituted sugar with Truvia baking blend to cut back on the sugar. You can't tell. I have had numerous requests for this recipe since I made it! Definitely will make this again."
"This is very good. It makes a nice presentation but really gets put together in a snap. I used 5 small Granny Smith apples and whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"
"I thought I was buying 1/3 fat cream cheese but misread the label. It was 1/3 neufchatel. It was the first time I was trying this recipe, so I had no pre-conceived ideas for taste. It was a delicious "mistake"."
"Wonderful! Very easy and delicious!"
"Very good. The cream filling tasted very good with the tart apples we picked."
"Wasn't MY cup of tea, but if I was expecting company who I knew was a huge fan of apples, I MIGHT pull out this recipe again...speaking of tea -- that would probably been good with this!"
"very impressive and tasty!"
"My family loved it! It is so pretty!!"
"Perfect fall recipe . Beautiful presentation. Tastes much better after chilled in the fridge"
"This turned out wonderful! I will make this again."
"I made this recipe for the church potluck. It was gone in a matter of minutes! A big hit!"