- 1/3 cups butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny smith or other tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, flour and cinnamon. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla just until combined. Spread over crust. In another bowl, toss the apples, sugar and cinnamon; arrange over filling. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBavarian Apple Tart
"I used fat free cream cheese to cut down on the calories and fat even more... was delicious."
"Delicious. Make again."
"This is a great recipe. I substituted sugar with Truvia baking blend to cut back on the sugar. You can't tell. I have had numerous requests for this recipe since I made it! Definitely will make this again."
"This is very good. It makes a nice presentation but really gets put together in a snap. I used 5 small Granny Smith apples and whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"
"I thought I was buying 1/3 fat cream cheese but misread the label. It was 1/3 neufchatel. It was the first time I was trying this recipe, so I had no pre-conceived ideas for taste. It was a delicious "mistake"."
"Wonderful! Very easy and delicious!"
"Very good. The cream filling tasted very good with the tart apples we picked."
"Wasn't MY cup of tea, but if I was expecting company who I knew was a huge fan of apples, I MIGHT pull out this recipe again...speaking of tea -- that would probably been good with this!"
"very impressive and tasty!"
"My family loved it! It is so pretty!!"