Baked Eggs with Cheddar and Bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat four 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray; break an egg into each dish. Spoon 1 tablespoon milk over each egg. Combine cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over tops.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over eggs.
1 serving: 107 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat.
Aug 7, 2014
good one and tasty
Jul 11, 2014
This is one of my favorite breakfast treats. The nutrition is there (bacon and eggs), yet the fat is limited. Nice!
Feb 7, 2012
Try making them in muffin tins if you don't have ramekins. Works great! Good with a little chopped ham mixed in, too.
Nov 3, 2010
So quick and easy and delicious, I would make these again anyday. I love that it is so easy to adjust the recipe to make just one or a dozen :)
Oct 21, 2010
works fine with regular cheddar cheese. nice change for breakfast. very easy.