Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets Recipe
“These tasty appetizers look and taste gourmet, but they're easy to make and have loads of blue cheese flavor," writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. "The phyllo shells and filling can be made in advance-just fill the cups and warm them in the oven before serving.”
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
1 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC