- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the blue cheese, 3 tablespoons walnuts and salt. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each tart shell.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Reviews forApple-Nut Blue Cheese Tartlets
"I haven't made these yet, but will save and perhaps try for Christmas. When recipe's call for "1 apple" or "1 onion", why is the amount not given? Is it one cup of apples, one cup of onions or 1/2 cup???? Everyone's idea of "large or medium" differs. It would be a big help to have the measured amounts."
"Delicious! And very easy to make!"
"I served these for my Dine-Out Group and received nothing but raves and requests for the recipe. Very easy to make and really delicious."