Zippy Praline Bacon Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil. Arrange bacon in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; drain.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar and chili powder; sprinkle over bacon. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.
2 slice: 124 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Zippy Praline Bacon
"This is so good! Began preparing this crazy combination a number of years ago after watching a cooking television show. Since I have metal cookie cooling racks, I lay racks on top of foiled jelly roll pans. Greece drips off bacon and keeps it crispy. This is a frequent appetizer at our house for parties. No one can resist it. "Pig Candy" is a great game day tradition!"
"Perhaps this is a combination that I have to get used to. This was too sweet for me on my bacon."