Zippy Praline Bacon
We live on a lake and have many overnight guests, so I serve brunch often. I'm always looking for recipes to enhance the usual eggs and bacon. My husband came home from a men's brunch raving about this one, and the hostess shared the recipe. Just be sure to make more than you think you might need...everybody wants seconds.
-Myrt Pflannkuche, Pell City, Alabama
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil. Arrange bacon
- in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine the brown sugar and chili powder; sprinkle over bacon.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bacon is
- crisp. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 124 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.