Zippy Egg Casserole Recipe
“This casserole has a bit of a zip to it because of the Pepper Jack cheese,” says Anita Jones of Raytown, Missouri. “Instead of plain white bread, it uses seasoned croutons, which give it more flavor.”
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) seasoned salad croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place the croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and sausage.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC