Zesty Italian Soup Recipe
While visiting my sister-in-law, we had a delicious Italian soup at a local restaurant. We decided to duplicate it at home and came up with this recipe. The seasonings and types of tomatoes can be varied to suit your family’s tastes.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot, jalapeno, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in macaroni. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 205 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Italian Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC