- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot, jalapeno, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in macaroni. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forZesty Italian Soup
"Excellent recipe ! I've made this soooo many times we love it! we follow recipe as is. Superb!"
"This was tasty. I will reduce the amount of canned tomatoes next time and add some fresh ones. I just don't care for the taste of canned tomatoes. Otherwidse, this was a good recipe."
"It has been so hot where we live so I've been trying not to turn on the oven. This was great for the crock pot and super easy. Made the house smell great while it was cooking and tasted delicious."
"My husband really liked this soup. I'll make this again when the weather turns cold."
"I pulled the jalapeno out after about two hours and served it with sour cream because I have a weak tongue. Our families' opinion is that the macaroni seemed to cut some spice too. Maybe I'll leave the jalapenos in for longer next time. Even good on a weak tongue."
"Excellent! Loved the "zip" to its taste. Had to use 2 10 oz cans of the diced tomatoes w/ green chilis b/c that was all I could find at the store. Also used turkey sausage. Yum!"
"need more more like this"
"This sounds like a strange combination of ingredients, but it is surprisingly good. I used ground beef in place of the sausage. My husband and I both like it. I will be making it again."