Zesty Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 pickled jalapeno slices
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.