Zesty Grilled Chops
These pork chops make a quick company dish. Our family enjoys them on the grill, as the summer weather in our part of the country is hot and muggy. In the wintertime, they're wonderful prepared in the broiler. —Blanche Babinski, Minto, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 bone-in pork loin or rib chops (about 1-1/2 inches thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Add pork chops. Seal bag
- and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Brush occasionally with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 214 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.