Zesty Garlic Green Beans Recipe
These green beans travel so well because they can either be served at room temperature or reheated at the party. —Christine Bergman, Suwanee, Georgia
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in reserved oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, garlic and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add frozen green beans and stir to coat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Uncover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is almost evaporated. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC