Zesty Garlic Green Beans Recipe
These green beans travel so well because they can either be served at room temperature or reheated at the party. —Christine Bergman, Suwanee, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in reserved oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, garlic and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add frozen green beans and stir to coat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Uncover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is almost evaporated. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC