Zesty Garlic Green Beans
These green beans travel so well because they can either be served at room temperature or reheated at the party. —Christine Bergman, Suwanee, Georgia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. In a Dutch oven, saute
- onion in reserved oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Add frozen green beans and stir to coat. Cover and cook for
- 8 minutes or just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is almost
- evaporated. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.