This family-friendly calzone is great when you need a quick weekend lunch, but it’s also perfect when you’re watching the big game on TV. —Mary Ann Saam, Cridersville, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pat
- dough into a 13x8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese to within
- 1/2 in. of edges.
- On half of the dough, layer the ham, salami, onion, green pepper and
- tomato to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into
- four pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 474 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,659 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.