- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pat dough into a 13x8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- On half of the dough, layer the ham, salami, onion, green pepper and tomato to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into four pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZesty Calzone
"Everyone in my family loved it! I made it a little differently, with pineapple, some bacon, and lots of cheese and pepperoni and salami"
"We loved this recipe! Though we made a few changes, made our own pizza dough halved it, rolled out both halves as you would for a pizza. Placed the first dough half on a pizza pan, topped w the filling as recipe called for for, topped with the other 1/2 of pizza dough, pinched the edges and spread olive oil over the top along with garlic salt and parm. Cheese, was so good, will make again"
"Yum! A suggestion--take it off the cookie sheet and allow to rest 10 minutes on a cooling rack. This will keep the bottom of the calzone as crunchy as the top. I served with a little pizza sauce on the side and a salad. Very easy and so tasty! I think four servings in kind of crazy, though. This seemed like a eight serving recipe to me!"
"What a great recipe! It felt like we were eating in a restaurant! I made my own pizza crust, brushed the top with butter, and sprinkled it with garlic salt, and shredded parm cheese. WOW it was yummy!!"