Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oil, ginger, sugar and seasonings; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Prepare the grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan and grill chicken, covered, bone side down over indirect medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn; grill 25-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Yogurt-Marinated Chicken
"This wasn't bad but not as much flavor as I had hoped, and I did marinate it overnight. I think if you used boneless skinless meat, the flavor would be stronger."
"Definitly making this one again! It has great flavor and chicken stays nice and moist. It was a great hit!"
"Full of flavor and yummy"
"Delicious! The yogurt really keeps the chicken moist and tender."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.