- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, oil, ginger, sugar and seasonings; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan and grill chicken, covered, bone side down over indirect medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn; grill 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forYogurt-Marinated Chicken
"easy and flavorful, although we added more chile powder. Since there isn't much sugar in the marinade, it doesn't burn on the grill."
"This wasn't bad but not as much flavor as I had hoped, and I did marinate it overnight. I think if you used boneless skinless meat, the flavor would be stronger."
"Definitly making this one again! It has great flavor and chicken stays nice and moist. It was a great hit!"
"Full of flavor and yummy"
"Delicious! The yogurt really keeps the chicken moist and tender."