- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, bone side down over indirect medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forYogurt-Marinated Chicken
"easy and flavorful, although we added more chile powder. Since there isn't much sugar in the marinade, it doesn't burn on the grill."
"This wasn't bad but not as much flavor as I had hoped, and I did marinate it overnight. I think if you used boneless skinless meat, the flavor would be stronger."
"Definitly making this one again! It has great flavor and chicken stays nice and moist. It was a great hit!"
"Full of flavor and yummy"
"Delicious! The yogurt really keeps the chicken moist and tender."