Winter Fruit Salad
This is a perfect fruit salad to prepare all winter long! It's pretty enough to serve as a dessert, yet satisfying enough to enjoy as a snack.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- Drain pineapple and set juice and pineapple aside. In a saucepan,
- combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Fold in fruit, nuts, coconut and reserved pineapple. Chill until
- serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 207 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.