- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juices, drained and juice reserved
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice and pudding mix. Cook over medium heat until thickened; cool. Toss with pineapple chunks, fruit chunks, nuts and coconut. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish each serving with a dollop of the whipped topping, if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forWinter Fruit Salad
"It's good and I will definitely make it again. The directions for preparing the pudding mix confused me and I made the pudding with the milk and then realized I should have just used the pineapple juice. I mixed the pineapple juice into about half of the pudding and used it that way. Worked find and everyone seemed to like it."
"i have been looking for this recipe for along time, i lost awhile back!! this is a simple and delicious recipe."
"This is a wonderful salad, I have passed the recipe on to many people."