Winning Apple Crisp Recipe
I live in apple country, and a delicious apple crisp is one good way to use them that doesn't take a lot of time to make. —Gertrude Bartnick, Portage, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or a 9-in.-square baking pan. Cover with apples.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick and clear. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 426 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC