Wilted Lettuce Salad with Bacon Dressing Recipe
To complement any entree, toss together this effortless and delicious salad.—Cheryl Newendorp, Pella, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce and onion; set aside.
- 2. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- 4. Pour over lettuce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add bacon and egg; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC