Wild Berry Freezer Jam Recipe
One year, I decided I wanted to make a wild berry jam but couldn't find a recipe, so I invented my own.—Barbara Hohmann, Petawawa, Ontario
- 1 cup saskatoon berries or blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a large bowl, thoroughly crush all of the berries. Stir in sugar; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine pectin and lemon juice; add to fruit, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.(A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- 3. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- 4. Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 6 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC