Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles Recipe
"These soft, chewy cookies make a super snack," relates subscriber Jana Horsfall from Garden City, Kansas. "Their light cinnamon taste goes great with a cold glass of milk."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and egg white; beat well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake. Yield: 30 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC