White Brownies Recipe
Geneva Mayer of Olney, Illinois uses white chocolate and vanilla chips to give traditional brownies a delicious twist. "These moist chewy snacks will satisfy even the most avid chocolate lover," she promises.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool for 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Gradually beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in chips and pecans.
- 3. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC