Geneva Mayer of Olney, Illinois uses white chocolate and vanilla chips to give traditional brownies a delicious twist. "These moist chewy snacks will satisfy even the most avid chocolate lover," she promises.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min.
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate and butter; cool for
- 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored,
- about 4 minutes. Gradually beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate
- mixture. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium,