White Beans and Spinach
THIS RECIPE is a variation of one I received from my Italian mother. I've prepared spinach like this for years - especially since my children like it this way!
It complements a variety of main courses, and whenever I serve it to guests, they really enjoy it.
-Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine spinach, water and garlic in a skillet; cover and cook over
- medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt, cayenne and nutmeg. Gently stir in beans; heat
- through. Yield: 2 servings.