Whipped Chocolate Dessert Recipe
This dessert makes a cool and delicious treat on a warm summer day. I bake a tender crust from a cake mix, then layer it with a cream cheese blend, chocolate pudding and whipped topping.—Pam Reddell, Linden, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls
- 1. In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust; refrigerate.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 553 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC