- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWhipped Chocolate Dessert
"This dish was an immediate hit. It's so rich and chocolatey that it's pure heaven for my family of chocoholics. It was easy to make and there is never much left."
"I have made it for a few potlucks... the last one it never made it to the general public."
"Very easy to make. Everyone who has tried it loves it! So tasty."
"We renamed this as "heaven". It is so delicious. I make it frequently. When I made it for my husband's office, he got so many requests for the recipe! They LOVED it too."
"This is a wonderful summer desert"
"I've made this many times & always get rave reviews. I think it tastes like an Oreo cookie, but so wonderfully creamy."
"Made this for Easter this year... Very good, everyone loved it!Made it with unsalted butter.... tasted great!!"
"Did you use salted butter, that would make a huge difference"
"The crust that was made with cake it wassalty. My family didn't care for. Not forsure why it was salty. Any ideal?"
"This is a family favorite for sure! Great for anytime of the year!"