Weeknight Beef Skillet Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with meat mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups beef mixture with 3/4 cup noodles equals 389 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.