Walnut Bread Recipe
The walnut flavor really comes through in this nicely textured loaf from Ginny Rice of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. "It's delicious, moist and excellent for toasting," she adds.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Bread
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"By hand, no bread machine"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC