The walnut flavor really comes through in this nicely textured loaf from Ginny Rice of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. "It's delicious, moist and excellent for toasting," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.