Walnut Orange Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, stir oats and orange juice until softened; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with oat mixture. Stir in walnuts and orange peel. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, orange peel and juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut and walnuts. Gently spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the topping is bubbly. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 614 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Walnut Orange Coffee Cake
"Friends and family favorite, I cut back on the walnut topping, use 3/4 cup instead of 1 1/2. Added 1tsp cinnamon to the cake batter."
"This is my all time favorite coffee cake. It needs to bake a little longer than the recipe says, but just keep checking it. If you don't have fresh zest, use orange oil or extract. It is so moist. My book club sampled it this morning and gave it a total thumbs up."
"this is so good. , really every time I make it everyone wants the recipe,and it smells so good cooking, I can't wait to have some.. I have made many times, and will make it many more. Thanks so sharing..."