Waffle Sandwich Recipe
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook Canadian bacon over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and green onion; add to the same pan. Cook and stir until egg is thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate. Top with Canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese and, if desired, tomato. Top with remaining waffle. Yield: 1 serving.
1 sandwich equals 261 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.