"Our daughter Charity enjoys making this cheesy puff pancake, then peeking in the oven to see how high it's risen," writes Kay Curtis from Guthrie, Oklahoma. "You can eliminate the cheese and serve it with confectioners' sugar or syrup instead," Kay suggests.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, flour and salt; stir until
- smooth. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add batter.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 269 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.