Vidalia Casserole Recipe
Georgia is famous for the sweet onions grown in the Vidalia area. My family looks forward to the time these onions are available to use in salads and casseroles.
- 4 to 5 large Vidalia or sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- 2. Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining onion mixture and crackers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Vidalia Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC