Georgia is famous for the sweet onions grown in the Vidalia area. My family looks forward to the time these onions are available to use in salads and casseroles.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 to 5 large Vidalia or sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in butter until
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with remaining onion mixture and crackers. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.