Versatile Beef Mix
This quick-and-easy mix from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut uses only 1 pound of ground beef, yet it can be used to make all the following recipes: Bacon Salisbury Steak, Microwave Meat Loaf, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Meatball Stew. Try them all!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Divide into four portions; place in freezer
- containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator
- before using.
- Versatile Beef Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Easy
- Meatball Stew, Easy Spaghetti with Meatballs, Microwave Meat Loaf
- and Bacon Salisbury Steak Yield: 4 portions.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces beef mix equals 246 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.