Vegetable Chicken Medley Recipe
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, red pepper, broccoli, green onions, parsley, garlic, ginger and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and rice.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, pineapple juice and soy sauce until smooth; stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 379 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Chicken Medley
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.