If you like stuffed peppers, you’ll love this speedy version from Beth DeWyer of Du Bois, Pennsylvania. It offers all the comforting flavor of the original, but takes just half an hour. “Instead of cooking the instant rice, you can use 2 cups leftover cooked rice if you have it on hand," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion
- over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil;
- sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and
- topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 343 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.