- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forUnstuffed Peppers
"Used red peppers just because I like them better. Delicious."
"Almost gave it 5. It was pretty good. Just need a little something extra to put it over to the 5 star mark. My husband really liked it and we will have it again. My kids complained that the peppers were too big though."
"We thought this was outstanding. Will make again."
"This was flavorful and easy, both a plus in my book. I took others advice and used 1 & 1/2 teaspoonful of Italian seasoning. Did not mix cheese in but layered it on top after putting in the baking dish then put Italian breadcrumbs over cheese. I baked for about 30 minutes uncovered and it turned out perfect. My family says this is a keeper!"
"It was not bad with the exception of those horrible bread crumbs. Leave them off and it is not bad at all. My hubby said the same thing He would not eat it a second time."
"I made this with my Foods class to celebrate "Dining In" day. It was quick and easy to make! We actually tripled the recipe to pass out samples to the lunch room! Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. My only change was using brown rice and Italian seasoning. I think it could have used some salt and pepper."
"I made this for supper tonight, and I will make it again. The only thing I changed was the rice. I used one cup regular brown rice instead of instant."
"I liked this. Thought it was tasty and fairly quick to make. I used Itaian seasoning."
"I tried this recipe and I did tweak the recipe by using ground turkey instead of beef, 1 yellow and one green pepper, 1 chopped onion, 1 can each (15-oz.) pizza sauce and Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained, 1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt, 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, 1 cup long grain uncooked white rice, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. I'd also used 2 garlic cloves, minced. I didn't have the marinara sauce or salt-free seasoning blend available! I also sprinkled the meat mixture with the cheese, rather than add TO meat mixture, then I combined the bread crumbs and oil which I spread over top of the meat-cheese! I did bake this dish longer: a total of 1/2 hour as I'd basically cooked the ground turkey until browned and had added the onion, peppers, garlic-I'd used 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil to brown meat and a 6-qt. saucepan so I'd have more room to add everything needed for this recipe. I found this recipe to be tasty-I have rated it as a 4. I'm learning that sometimes a newly-prepared dish needs to "mature" in flavor and tastes better the next day!"