Two-Tone Baked Potatoes
One potato...two potato...this recipe is doubly wonderful as far as spud lovers are concerned. I have a reputation at home and at work for trying out new recipes. Everyone is glad I took a chance on this one.
-Sherree Stahn, Central City, Nebraska
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Pierce russet and sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for
- 60-70 minutes or until tender. Set sweet potatoes aside.
- Cut a third off the top of each russet potato; scoop out pulp,
- leaving skins intact. Place pulp in a bowl; mash with 1/3 cup sour
- cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set
- Cut off the tip of each sweet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins
- intact. Mash pulp with remaining sour cream, chives and salt. Stuff
- mixture into half of each potato skin; spoon russet potato filling
- into other half. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.