- 6 medium russet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub russet and sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pans; bake until tender, 60-70 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a third off the top of each russet potato (discard top or save for another use). Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in.-thick shells. In a bowl, mash pulp, adding 1/3 cup sour cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each sweet potato; discard slice. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. thick shells. Mash pulp with remaining sour cream, chives and salt.
- Spoon russet potato mixture into half of each russet and sweet potato skin. Spoon sweet potato mixture into other half. Return to pans. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTwo-Tone Baked Potatoes
"These taste great and aren't super complicated. I was worried they wouldn't be worth all the work but they are!"
"These were amazing and so cute! Will definitely make again."
"This is an excellent recipe and especially fun to make for a holiday dinner. I prepare them ahead of time and let them sit covered in the refrigerator for a few hours before baking. They will then require a few more minutes in the oven, but it's wonderful to have these already prepared to go into the oven prior to company coming."
"Love this recipe as we can have both sweet and white potatoes in one meal, easily! The potato filling is wonderful! Had to search for this recipe online as I couldn't find it in my books, but wouldn't give up until I had it!"
"I started making these when the recipe first came out for the holidays. Everyone loves them! Now they get a taste of both kinds of potatoes. I make them of ahead of time, refrigerate, covered, let set on counter for 30 minutes and bake (it takes longer) until heated."