Two-Season Squash Medley
Both winter and summer squash star in this fun, colorful vegetable stir-fry. I've cooked in several restaurants and for many guests in my home, and this dish has been well-received for years.
Mary Beth LaFlamme, Eagle Bridge, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add
- vegetables, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir until tender, about 15
- minutes. Add garlic salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.