Two-Cheese Macaroni Casserole
THIS recipe was given to me years ago by a dear friend. I have shared it with everyone since it’s a good dish to prepare on a busy day…very simple and easy.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; carefully stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and
- macaroni is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.