Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon Recipe
"This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky, creamy flavor and the pretty presentation. No doubt you'll get major kudos when you place these on your table." Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 352 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC