Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon Recipe
"This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky, creamy flavor and the pretty presentation. No doubt you'll get major kudos when you place these on your table." Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 352 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC