Turkey Waldorf Salad
A perfect combination of refreshing and filling, this salad is ideal for days when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Serve it stuffed in pita bread for a yummy lunch.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, ID
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. In a
- large bowl, combine the turkey, celery and cranberries. Pour
- dressing over mixture; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in apple and walnuts. Serve on lettuce
- leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 420 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.