Turkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd Recipe
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box. Sometimes I serve it over vegetables such as corn or green beans, but it's equally delicious on a bun. —Julie Clemes, Adrian Michigan
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, green peppers and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, mustard, jalapeno and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 16 servings.
1 sandwich equals 293 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Turkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC