- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, green peppers and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, mustard, jalapeno and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
"I made these many times. If you are looking for a last minute easy recipe for a crowd...these are a hit. Super simple, and delicious"
"Very good! It was a hit for my party!"