Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the pear, onion, celery, lemon juice, jalapeno, lemon peel and cumin. Set aside.
- 2. Place tortillas on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Spoon turkey and sprinkle cheese over half of each tortilla; fold over. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with cranberry salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 quesadilla with 1/3 cup salsa equals 321 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.