Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat white or yellow cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pear, onion, celery, lemon peel and juice, jalapeno and cumin.
- 2. Preheat griddle over medium heat. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup turkey; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold other half over filling. Place on griddle; cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side. Yield: 4 servings.
1 quesadilla with 1/3 cup salsa: 321 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
"This recipe is excellent and I'd gladly make it again. My family loves it."