Turkey Lo Mein
"I substituted turkey for pork in this classic Chinese recipe," reports Leigh Lundy of York, Nebraska. "It was a hit at our church potluck. My husband and two children love it, too."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, carrots,
- onion and garlic powder in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Break
- noodles. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and water to
- turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 3-5 minutes. Add cabbage, peas and soy sauce; cook and stir until
- cabbage is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, about 1 minute.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.