Turkey Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, carrots, onion and garlic powder in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Break noodles. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and water to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add cabbage, peas and soy sauce; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, about 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Lo Mein
"My 12 year old boys loved this! It is a quick and easy weeknight meal."
"So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!"
"This is so quick and delicious. I buy the pre-shredded carrots and a bag of cole slaw mix in the produce section. What could be easier? I also omit the oil. The turkey browns nicely without it."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer