Turkey Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, carrots, onion and garlic powder in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Break noodles. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and water to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add cabbage, peas and soy sauce; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, about 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Lo Mein
"So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!"