"I substituted turkey for pork in this classic Chinese recipe," reports Leigh Lundy of York, Nebraska. "It was a hit at our church potluck. My husband and two children love it, too."
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with carrots, onion and garlic powder over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Break up noodles and add to skillet; stir in contents of seasoning packets and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lo Mein in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p44
Reviews forTurkey Lo Mein
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!"