Turkey Bean Bake
Baked beans, brown sugar and molasses give a slightly sweet flavor to this bean bake. People at potluck dinners often ask me for this recipe.Lisa Sjursen Darling, Rochester, New York
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 898 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 25 g protein.