Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked boneless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into eight wedges
- 1. Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray. Add turkey; stir-fry over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry asparagus, carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; add to skillet with water chestnuts. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return turkey to skillet and heat through. Serve over rice; garnish with tomato. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 148 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 3 vegetable
Reviews for Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry
"One of our favorites :)"
"This was wonderful, very flavorful. Thank you!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer