Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining beans, half of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- 2. Place 2/3 cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in two 11x7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 363 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas
"Very easy to make but next time I may use more cheese and taco seasoning."
"You must try! It was very easy and Omg good!!I made my own chips and added salad. 5*"
"Delicious! Love the flavors. My family devours it."
"This is a keeper! This made 8 enchiladas. My 2 yr old even liked the filling. I used wheat tortillas, & added chili powder & seasonings for a little spice."
"Used green enchilada sauce and substituted an Anaheim pepper for the green pepper."
"Super good recipe, just needed a little more taste, so i mixed red and green enchilada sauce and it was perfect! Makes awesome leftovers."
"This was pretty good. When I was eating it, I forgot I was eating turkey (instead of ground beef) and forgot that it was wheat tortillas instead of white. Overall, it was quite good for a "healthy" dish."
"Very fast and hearty meal. Great to take to a potluck."
"Good and easy!"
"Good and easy. I only got nine out of the recipe. I love onions but will use less next time."
"This is a fantastic recipe! I've made it many times with variations on the vegetables I put in (add diced tomatoes for a fresh taste or jalapenos for a spicier taste, etc). It's also very easy to make into a vegetarian dish by substituting TVP or brown rice for the ground turkey! I've never fed it to someone who didn't like it!"
"This was very delicious. We successfully halved the recipe for our small family and then used the remainder of the ground turkey for another recipe. I highly recommend this quick and easy recipe."
"These enchiladas were super easy and quick to make. I used a mix of black beans and hominy which worked out well."