Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
Hearty and satisfying, these slimmed-down enchiladas with whole-wheat tortillas have a moist and delicious filling you’ll love. Sarah Burleson - Spruce Pine, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining beans, half of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- 2. Place 2/3 cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 11x7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 enchilada equals 363 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC